You’ve likely seen at least one list, published in a newspaper’s ‘business’ section, of tips for how to manage that unruly influx of “young punks” wreaking havoc on workplaces around the world: the millennials (or Generation Y). Over at the CCPA’s Behind the Numbers blog, I’ve combined some old material with some newer numbers in a different format to produce my own list of 6 tips for managing millennials. Tip 1? Pay them more than subsistence wages. Read the full list here.
- Who’s Driving? A Response to 4Front Atlantic’s GPS for Atlantic Canada
- One benefit of getting older…
- How to Critique Wealth Inequality without Caring about Poor People
- ‘Hipster’ is not a real job. Neither is not having a job.
- The Pot and the Kettle
- Let’s not get carried away with Helicopter Parents
- “Gotta Spend Money to Make Money”… or is it “Make Money to Save Money?”
- How to Eliminate Tuition Fees (and do it right)
- The Real Culture of Dependency: In Defense of Atlantic Canada
- On Strike from Life as we Know it
- Why work?
- Making Sense of Youth Voter Apathy OR Why Youth Voter Apathy Makes Sense
- “Twelve Going on Thirty” OR “Is the Globe and Mail the Worst Newspaper Yet?”
- Now, to let the money start rolling in…
- What do Bruce Springsteen, KONY2012 and Occupy have to do with one another?
- The Feminization of Pinterest
- Questioning “The Prophet Drummond”
- Waging or Resisting Unwinnable Wars: A Response to Donald Gutstein
- And now, for something completely different: A Lesson in Spanish, Civility, Hypocrisy and General Douchebaggery with Ezra Levant and Sun News
- State of the Union: Part 1 of 2
- #IWD2017 panel discussion: Pay Equity and the Legal Profession. Venue: @SchulichLaw feat @DalU_SOSA More info: facebook.com/events/4098435… 4 days ago
- Town Hall on #PrecariousWork in the University: March 18th, Sackville, NB. cupeprecaritytownhall.eventbrite.ca #cdnpse 4 days ago
- Interviewed by @metrohalifax re: Teachers' negotiations goo.gl/HvP0vn - This is the fight; next comes battle over structure of ed 2 weeks ago
- Happy #SuperBowl2017! Speaking of, did u know Louisiana "loses a football field-size patch of wetland every hour"? goo.gl/HYA9WG 2 weeks ago
- Feb 2nd at Dalhousie: Fail Forward: a panel on success in the face of setbacks. Great for students or anyone who fe… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago